SACC San Diego is happy to announce Currencies Direct as our newest corporate member!
Currencies Direct, founded in 1996, has been at the forefront of revolutionizing money transfer. With over 25 branches worldwide, they offer a range of services, including retail, phone, online, and mobile app options. Trusted by more than 430,000 customers, they facilitate secure transactions in 40+ currencies. Authorized by the FCA and boasting a level 1 credit rating, Currencies Direct continues to redefine international money transfer with efficiency and reliability.
We had the opportunity to have an interview with Elyse Singh, the Director of Business Development at Currencies Direct, West Coast USA:
1. Can you tell us about Currencies Direct, its history, and how it has become a prominent player in the money transfer industry?
Currencies Direct have been around since 1996 and are a global international payments company. We have become a market leader by having experts on the ground in key markets and making the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
2. What differentiates Currencies Direct from other money transfer providers in terms of services and features offered?
We provide offer our clients the ability to speak to their private account manager who will walk them through the process and help them time the market to get the best possible exchange rates. We believe in high-touch personal service which is one of our key differentiators.
3. How many branches does Currencies Direct have, and in which countries are they located?
Currencies Direct are in 15 different countries and 32 different branches.
4. How many currencies do Currencies Direct trade in, and how does this variety benefit your customers?
We work with over 50 different currencies and have a multi-currency wallet, which allows clients to trade in various currencies at a time.
5. As a pioneer in the industry, how has Currencies Direct leveraged technology to improve the money transfer experience for its customers, particularly with the launch of the mobile app?
Our market-leading app and website are designed to make the transfer as easy as possible with full transparency on pricing at the heart of it.
6. Currencies Direct has received multiple awards, including 'Money Transfer Provider of the Year.' What factors contribute to your consistent success and recognition in the industry?
Our belief that many customers want to speak to a human when they need assistance and have questions has been a constant since 1996. Many times, we are moving people’s life savings and we take that very seriously so reassuring clients and explaining the process is what makes us award-winning.
7. Can you share any specific examples of how Currencies Direct has helped businesses and individuals save time, hassle, and money with their money transfer services?
We have thousands of examples of saving clients huge sums of money ad helping them buy that dream property. I had a client recently who was stretching their budget for a beautiful home in San Diego and because of us, they were able to sell their Canadian Dollars at a high enough rate to meet the sellers asking price.
8. Looking ahead, what are Currencies Direct's future and goals for further improving its money transfer services and expanding its global reach?
We have huge growth plans as a company and are looking to add more currencies to our offerings and get more experts on the ground in key geographical areas.
Thank you Currencies Direct for the interview, and welcome to SACC San Diego! We are very grateful to have you as members.
If you are interested in reading more about Currencies Direct and their business, visit their website here!
Director of Business Development – West Coast - USA