The Expatriate Credit Card Program. Build credit history while you shop.
- No annual fee (2)
- 0% APR on purchases for the first six months (2)
- Unsecured credit line up to $12,000
- Accepted at millions of places worldwide
- Easy online account management 24/7
- Price Protection ensures you get the lowest purchase price (4)
- Zero Liability feature protects against unauthorized card purchases5 • Doubles the warranty period for products you purchase (3)
- Identity Theft Resolution helps stop thieves in their tracks (6)
- No U.S. credit history required
- Work visa (one year remaining minimum) (1)
- Minimum age 18 or over
- Acceptable proof of employment
- U.S. Social Security number
- Minimum annual gross salary of $36,000 (7)
- Bank of the West relationship
Get the card that gets you going. Apply today.
(1) For more information about the acceptable visa types, please contact an International Clientele Officer.
(2) The Bank of the West Expatriate Standard and Platinum Credit Cards are no Annual Fee cards. The Bank of the West Expatriate Standard and Platinum Credit Card Introductory 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) applies to purchase transactions only for the first 6 months and after that the APR will be 20.99% for the Standard Card and 16.99% for the Platinum card both variable rates. The APR for Balance Transfer for Bank of the West Expatriate Standard Credit Card is 20.99% and Platinum Credit Card is 16.99% both variable rates. The Penalty APR is 29.99% variable for both the Standard and Platinum Credit Cards. Other charges and fees may apply. Transaction fees vary from $5 to 4% depending on the transaction. Penalty fees vary from state by state to a maximum of $35 per violation.
(3) Maximum benefit for repair or replacement cannot exceed the actual amount placed on your credit card or $10,000, whichever is less. Additional conditions and restrictions apply. Please refer to your Guide to Benefits for details.
(4) Coverage is limited to the difference between the actual cost of the item (excluding taxes, storage, shipping and handling costs) and the advertised lower price, up to $250 per claim. There is a maximum of four (4) claims per cardholder account per twelve (12) month period. Additional conditions and restrictions apply. Please refer to your Guide to Benefits at www.mastercard.com/credit-gtb for details.
(5) For more information about Zero Liability protection, refer to www.MasterCard.us/zero-liability.html. Also, see additional protections contained in your Bank of the West Credit Card Account Agreement regarding Your Liability for Unauthorized Use and Billing Rights under the Fair Credit Billing Act. Limitations apply. Insurance is provided by insurance carriers indicated in your Guide to Benefits. Certain restrictions apply – please see your Guide to Benefits at www.mastercard.com/credit-gtb for details.
(6) Certain exclusions and limitations may apply. For full terms and conditions, please refer to the MasterCard Guide to Benefits for Credit Card Holders at www.mastercard.com/credit-gtb.
(7) Applies only to income earned in the U.S. Stipends will not be included in this minimum amount.